Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD) – £195
Proficiency in Designated Security Duties is a one day (8hrs) course for seafarers employed or engaged on ships which are required to comply with the ISPS Code, who have designated duties under the ships security plan.
The PDSD course meets the requirements of Section A-VI, paragraphs 6 – 8 of the Amended STCW Code
Course Overview & Structure
- To understand why the ship security is important and knows the roles and responsibilities of the organisations and individuals involved.
- To Know what constitutes security risk, threat and vulnerability to the ship, its personnel, cargo and operations.
- To Know the capabilities and limitations of security methods, equipment and systems.
- To Know how to maintain the measures in a ship security plan and related requirements.
- Are able to maintain the effectiveness of security arrangements
Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD) training is carried out by MCA & City and Guilds Maritime accredited trainers with the highest levels of maritime security experience so when you come to us for maritime security training of any kind you can be sure you are getting the best in the industry.
Who needs this course?
Anyone who has designated security duties on-board a ship (This doesn’t have to be your full time role)
All candidates will be issued with an STCW Proficiency in Designated Security Duties Certificate.
- MCA approvedPDSD
1 Day Course
3RG Training Centre
£195 Inc VAT